What kind of ministers do Redemption Group leaders aspire to be?
What values do we hold and want to be held to by one another and by those who experience our ministry?
- Gentleness: patience and humility; self-controlled strength; can be firm without being harsh; not rash, hasty, or pushy; respectful of the other’s dignity.
- Grace: extending God’s one-way steadfast love; accepting and blessing others, especially in times of need and vulnerability.
- Christ-centered ministry: ministry is grounded in Christ, as taught in the Bible, and deepens a transformative relationship with him.
- Candor: direct, open and sincere dialogue.
- Entrusting growth to God: humble hope for God to bring the right amount healing and help at the right time; satisfied with God’s pacing for change in another’s life, whether big or small, fast or slow.
- Spirit-led: prayerful dependence on the Holy Spirit to guide us in how best to help one another.
- Wholehearted: when helping others to change, attending to the thoughts, feelings, and motives of their hearts, and their relationships to God and others; not merely addressing outward behavior.
- Always needing mercy: progressive growth in Christlikeness includes a growing awareness of our need for God’s mercy amidst particular sins, sufferings and weaknesses.
Here some examples of how our values are being expressed in our ministry: