Mike Wilkerson interviews Kathy Henslee, a Redemption Group Leader in Anchorage, Alaska, who has also spent seven years active in Alcoholics Anonymous, Overeaters Anonymous, and Al-Anon as both participant and sponsor.
We touch on:
- Some of Kathy’s story.
- What led Kathy into Twelve Step groups?
- What led her into Redemption Groups?
- The shared value of Always Needing Mercy. It sounds like many in Twelve Step groups have a better understanding of their need for mercy than do many in the church.
- Crosstalk: Twelve Step programs have a rule against crosstalk (participants engaging in discussion with one another in meetings); whereas engagement among group members is an essential part of the group dynamic in Redemption Groups.
- Sponsorship, which is a core feature of Twelve Step, but not (yet) of Redemption Groups. Maybe this is something to incorporate into Redemption Groups?
Music: “Light at the End” by Stephen Keech, courtesy of Soundstripe.